We love good food, especially when tastiness is combined with seasonality.
We've teamed up with Bristol-based Kym Grimshaw from the gorgeous food blog On The Plate; who will be sharing her very favourite seasonal recipes here in a monthly column.
This month she is tempting us with her recipe for a delicious Chicken, Wild Garlic and Three Cheese Galette.
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 30 - 35 large wild garlic leaves, torn
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- 125g ball of mozzarella
- 2 tbsp parmesan (plus extra to serve)
- 125g mascarpone
- 1 egg beaten
- 500g shortcrust pastry
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Brown the chicken pieces in a little oil over a medium heat. Stir through the garlic and tarragon over the heat and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the chicken mix from the heat and stir through the mascarpone, parmesan, lemon zest and juice. Season well. Keep to one side while you roll out the pastry.
- Dust a clean surface with a little plain flour and roll the pastry out to a 1/2cm thickness. Use a knife to trim the pastry into a large circle, roughly 40cm across.
- Transfer the pastry base to a baking sheet and spread the filling over the centre of the pastry, leaving a wide border around the edge.
- Dot torn pieces of the mozzarella over the filling and sprinkle over a little more grated parmesan, if you like.
- Carefully fold the edges of the pastry over and around in a circle to form pleats slightly overlapping the centre of the pastry, leaving much of the filling open.
- Glaze the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg and bake in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of wild garlic flowers and a green salad.
Kym will join us again here next month with another seasonal recipe. In the meantime, you can visit her website On The Plate for more foodie inspiration.
Photography by Kym Grimshaw