We love good food, especially when tastiness is combined with seasonality.
Our resident food contributor Kym Grimshaw is back to share another of her very favourite seasonal recipes here in her monthly column.
This month we are taking that most celebrated of British Summer ingredients, Asparagus; and Kym is tempting us with her recipe for a verdant plate of Asparagus & Green Tapenade Crostinis.
- 160g green olives, pitted
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp capers
- bunch of asparagus
- ciabatta loaf, cut into 1cm slices
- handful of rocket and parmesan shavings to serve
- Add the olives, garlic, oil, capers, and juice from half a lemon to a food processor and pulse to a coarse paste. Taste and adjust as you like it; loosen with a little more oil if required and season with pepper.
- Heat griddle pan and grill asparagus stalks for 5 - 7 mins or until nicely charred.
- Toast the ciabatta slices before spreading with the tapenade and topping with a grilled asparagus stalk.
Kym will join us again here next month with another seasonal recipe. In the meantime, you can visit her website On The Plate for more foodie inspiration.
Photography by Kym Grimshaw