We love good food, especially when tastiness is combined with seasonality.
Our resident food contributor Kym Grimshaw is back to share another of her very favourite seasonal recipes here in her monthly column.
This month Kym is dishing up a roasted cauliflower and chickpea salad, providing a colourful and warming anecdote to the darker evenings.
- 2 small cauliflowers, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 400 g tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 90 g bag fresh salad leaves to serve
- 1 - 2 mild red chillies, sliced to serve
- 50 g toasted flaked almonds, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180 C fan/200 C/ gas 6. Put the cauliflower and red onion into a roasting tin. Combine the garlic and oil, drizzle over the cauliflower and onion. Season well and make sure everything is well coated.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and drizzle over the balsamic glaze, continuing roasting for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and stir through the chickpeas. Serve on a bed of salad leaves with a scattering of flaked almonds and red chilli to taste.
Kym will join us again here next month with another seasonal recipe. In the meantime, you can visit her website On The Plate for more foodie inspiration.
Photography by Kym Grimshaw